Monday 22 March 2010

Thang 15

Picture taken by Jaro Nemcok

By golly, gee, oh my! What a palaver to come up with a username acceptable to Twitter! I looked to Wikipedia for inspiration which is why I have such a strange username. Anthracothorax is a genus of hummingbirds locally called Mangos. Anyway, I survived to post my first tweet: Anthracothorax Oxford 23 things that reach out to others: daffodils shudder.

Haiku works very well with Twitter though it under uses the 140 character allocation. Limericks would be better but I'm not so clever.

At first it was hard to find people to follow since many in ox23 haven't started the Twitter project, so I tried a couple of outsiders and they were a chatty pair. Too chatty! So I dropped them and connected with a couple libraries from the Web 2.o directory. Eventually I had some asking to follow me so I could then follow them. Quid pro quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment