Sunday 21 February 2010

Delicious Thang 9

Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9 ...
It's delightful, it's De.licio.us, it's de-lovely!
Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9 ...

First, I was so happy NOT to need another password. I opted for using my Yahoo login. Perhaps that would become a problem should Delicious move to another platform like Google.

It was fairly easy to get set-up plus to add-on the bookmarklet in a round-about sort of way. The actuality was less straight-forward than the instructions since there was no initial use of the term "bookmarklet" and some other weird things seemed to happened, but mission accomplished.

Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9 ... Oh go away!
So where was I, yes the bookmarking. The group may have noticed three contribution from me:
BBC- Virtual Revolution (about social networking over the internet)
BBC- A History of the World in 100 Objects
(Daaa-Aaah-aaah-Aaah)
Gigi's Thang

For myself I also de-marked: Allotment UK, Metcheck.com UK, and the B.D. Owens Library website (a university library looking at converting its collection into e-books). I think I even managed to share a bookmark, but haven't received a response back.

The biggest positive for me (having to work from three computers) is the ability to access my bookmarks from one site instead of discovering that my Favorites on one computer is missing an item which is on another (which one) computer. No duplication needed (unless the Delicious system suffers a major breakdown losing all the bookmarks stored around the world).

The tagging is a different thing to get use to. When I first moved to England I found it difficult working out how the British Yellow Pages categorised things, but eventually I learned to distort my American way of thinking to fit the British YP paradigm. Now I would have to skew my mind into infinite dimensions to anticipate the many ways people may have tagged something I am interested in. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment