Monday 1 February 2010

What one can do with a blog


After a wee bit of fun with my blog I began to wonder: "Self, what else is there to do with me blog?" and the answer was in front of my eyes while perusing the 23 Things Blog. Members of my team have been asked to attend OUCS courses and then teach the rest in the team what they had learned. My first idea was to set-aside Wednesday afternoons for the team to meet and learn, but there were moans coming from the ranks of "too many things to do so little time" and why not make use of the Web 2.0 technology. Which one to use? Of course! Do what the 23 Things team is doing. Place the training on a blog. So thus was created the Lankester Rodeo Blog: for training of the Lankester room staff on the bucking broncos of databases and e-tools. I learned one additional aspect of blogs and that is setting the permissions so only my team can access it and are co-authors (instead of just followers). Okay, make that two things I learned.

Hopefully, in drafting our blog training sessions we will learn more about the e-tools we studied at OUCS as well as passing on the knowledge to our co-workers.

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed a typo in the second paragraph. It should be: Hopefully, in drafting....

    Is it possible to edit or remove posts after having posted them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gigi, well done! Is this the first example of an immediate application of one of the 23 Things in one of our libraries? Possibly - good job anyway! Hope you all find it useful!

    And in answer to your question, yes you can edit/delete your posts after you've published them. When you're logged into Blogger, and looking at your 'dashboard', click on 'edit posts' under the name of your blog. This will bring up a list of all your posts which you can then edit or delete as you choose.

    ReplyDelete